Monday, September 14, 2020

Monday Morning

Ordinary Time
Monday, September 14
Morning

Psalm 135; 145
Job 40:1-24
Acts 15:36-16:5
John 11:55-12:8

We praise you, God our creator, for your handiwork in shaping and sustaining your wondrous creation.  Especially we thank you for
    the miracle of life and the wonder of living...
    particular blessings coming to us in this day...
    the resources of the earth...
    gifts of creative vision and skillful craft...
    the treasure stored in every human life...
We dare to pray for others, God our Savior, claiming your love in Jesus Christ for the whole world, committing ourselves to care for those around us in his name.  Especially we pray for
    those who work for the benefit of others...
    those who cannot work today...
    those who teach and those who learn...
    people who are poor...
    the church in Europe...

The Lord's Prayer


Lesson

I have a more pronounced sense of duality, distinction, and opposition between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of this world.  I don't quite know how to point and say "there it is" but the way to get there is like a garment one puts on daily.  Becoming aware of false gods, I will live in this world, using this world, but I am not of it.  The Lord is the light of my life.  I don't have much to trumpet to the world, and the world may take my joy and my vigor and my hope today; but joy, vigor, hope, yea the passing of the day into night are the Lord's himself.  And I am a baptized child of God too.  I will not cling to vessels and shells of influence, even more broken than we are.  I will take stock of all I must unlearn, a man of the present, aware of the past's presence, nobody's fool for the future.

And when I mistakenly find myself putting the whole carton of milk into the microwave, I will laauuuuugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment