Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tuesday Evening

Ordinary Time
Tuesday, September 15
Evening

Psalm 30; 86
Job 40:1; 41:1-11
Acts 16:6-15
John 12:9-19

Eternal God, we thank you for being with us today, and for every sign of your truth and love in Jesus Christ.  Especially we thank you for
    the gift of peace in Christ...
    reconciliation in our relationships...
    each new insight into your love...
    energy and courage to share your love...
    the ministries of the church...
Gracious God, we remember in our own hearts the needs of others, that we may reach up to claim your love for them, and reach out to give your love in the name of Christ.  Especially we pray for
    racial harmony and justice...
    those imprisoned...
    strangers we have met today...
    friends who are bereaved...
    Orthodox and Coptic churches...

The Lord's Prayer


Antiphon

I am grateful that I don't come here to this place seeking to appease you.  How could I ever come if that is what I felt I needed.  I come to this place because your life is rich, your thoughts are great.  You make all time and all space and your storehouses are full, but the needle's point of all this is right now.  I begin with you, but I can't outrun you because I will only find you at the end and though I'm so much the worse, you haven't changed.



No comments:

Post a Comment