Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sunday Morning

Ordinary Time
Sunday, September 13
Morning

Psalm 19; 150
Job 38:1, 18-41
Revelation 18:1-8
Matthew 5:21-26

Mighty God of mercy, we thank you for the resurrection dawn bringing the glory of our risen Lord who makes every day new.  Especially we thank you for
    the beauty of your creation...
    the new creation in Christ and all gifts of healing and forgiveness...
    the sustaining love of family and friends...
    the fellowship of faith in your church...
Merciful God of might, renew this weary world, heal the hurts of all your children, and bring about your peace for all in Christ Jesus, the living Lord.  Especially we pray for 
    those who govern nations of the world...
    the people in countries ravaged by strife or warfare...
    all who work for peace and international harmony...
    all who strive to save the earth from destruction...
    the church of Jesus Christ in every land...

The Lord's Prayer


Psalm Prayer

Lord, I want my faith to be expressive of a way of life that is specific, repetitive, and copy-able.  Don't let me be a disciple of lofty thoughts who thinks he can change the world.  Let me be content to allow the seasons of the year, the rhythms of morning and evening, the interweaving of Old and New Testament, the gratitude and need of my soul, and the singing of the Psalms to all tune my life to praise you - not in a world of my own imaginings, but in this very world I live in.  Let me not seek to be unique, rather let me keep faith with you and your Son and your Holy Spirit through your Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment