Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tuesday Morning

Ordinary Time
Tuesday, September 15
Morning

Psalm 123; 146
Job 40:1; 41:1-11
Acts 16:6-15
John 12:9-19

Eternal God, we rejoice this morning in the gift of life, which we have received by your grace, and the new life you give in Jesus Christ.  Especially we thank you for
    the love of our families...
    the affection of our friends...
    strength and abilities to serve your purpose today...
    this community in which we live...
    opportunities to give as we have received...
God of grace, we offer our prayers for the needs of others and commit ourselves to serve them even as we have been served in Jesus Christ.  Especially we pray for
    those closest to us, families, friends, neighbors...
    refugees and homeless men, women and children...
    the outcast and persecuted...
    those from whom we are estranged...
    the church in Africa...

The Lord's Prayer


Hymn

Lead kindly light, amid the encircling gloom
Lead thou me on
The night is dark and I am far from home
Lead thou me on
Keep thou my feet, I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me

I was not ever thus nor prayed that thou
Should'st lead me on
I loved to choose and see my path but now
lead thou me on
I loved the garish day and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will; remember not past years

So long thy power hath blessed me, sure it still
Will lead me on
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent till
The night is gone
And with the morn those angel faces smile
Which I have loved long since and lost awhile

- "Lead Kindly Light", John Henry Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment